The latest update to Windows 10 is here – Windows 10 version 1703, popularly known as Creators Update. Microsoft has been really working hard for quite some time to get these features live that have finally arrived. The reason to introduce this feature is to shun the overloading issues for the download servers.
So, you must be wondering, what are the new features in the Creators Update? Let’s have a close look at some of the features.
- Microsoft Edge: Microsoft has introduced a whole new set of tab management features in Microsoft Edge. They have added new extensions and a bookstore for readers to deliver a complete new reading experience. Microsoft Edge designed for Windows 10 is secure and faster as compared to Chrome and Firefox. Another new addition is the provision for extra battery life which means you can stream videos and browse for longer period.
- 3D content: The 3D content feature enables everyone to develop, share and feel a total new facet. The 3D content empowers us to learn in an immersive way by sharing and expressing our thoughts pragmatically. 3D content feature is the actual illustration of the world we live in.
- Game Mode: Using this feature, Microsoft aims to deliver improved gaming experience to Windows 10 users. Game Mode is intended to offer dedicated gaming resources to the users, where it works impeccably for the Win32 and UWP games. For now, the Game Mode will require enablement depending upon the game, however in future the publishers will be able to start it automatically.
- Pause and control updates: Now, you can control your updates using this feature. It allows you to pause your Windows 10 updates for almost a week and you can configure active hours for maximum 18 hours a day. The agenda behind introducing this feature is to reduce the number of Windows 10 automatic update complaints.
- Security and privacy: With this new update, Microsoft has altered its privacy controls. You can review and configure attributes such as diagnostics, speech recognition, location and appropriate ads.
- Picture-in-picture: This feature facilitates to watch TV and other shows by popping the window on the top, so that you can watch content without hampering other work like browsing or working in other apps. This feature is only available for some of the Microsoft’s app. Still it will be available to developers during the update.
- Dynamic locking: Dynamic locking is a total contradictory feature of Windows Hello. It is popularly known as Windows Goodbye by Microsoft team. This feature lets you to automatically lock your computer screen while you are away. You can do this by pairing your Bluetooth device with the system where Windows 10 will sense it automatically and proceed further.
Absolutely, Windows 10 is too different from its previous operating system versions. Now, it is a service that executes across multiple platforms instead of a single piece of software. Windows 10 will be getting regular update and will be changing accordingly.