The Apache Software Foundation has released JMeter Version 3.0 with several new features and improvements.
Apache JMeter has a new logo and icons have also been refreshed to give a more modern style and make them more meaningful. This release brings a lot of new features (over 100) and fixes a lot of bugs (over 60).
Let’s take a quick look at some of the features introduced in the newest version of Apache JMeter:
- New shortcuts
- Add most used elements (Ctrl+0 … Ctrl+9)
- Also added cut, copy, paste and duplicate shortcuts key.
- New JSON Post Processor to better extract data from JSON content using user friendly JSON-PATH syntax.
- New validation feature, in one click run a selection of Thread Groups with 1 user, no pause and 1 iteration.
- JSR223 Test Elements do not require a Cache Compilation Key anymore.
- Introduction of Sample Timeout feature
- This new Sample Timeout Pre-Processor allows you to apply a Timeout on the elements that are in its scope
- Simplified HTTP Request UI
- A new "Advanced" tab has been added to HTTP Request to simplify configuration. The file upload feature has been moved into a dedicated tab. This increases the space available for parameters in UI and simplifies the UX.
- You can now configure Source Address (IP Spoofing like feature) and "Save response as MD5 hash" in Advanced Tab
- View Results Tree to allow searching for text / regexp in Request/Responses/Headers/Cookies/… This will help in correlation and Test plans creation
- New Reporting Feature generating dynamic Graphs in HTML pages (APDEX, Summary report and Graphs)
- GraphiteBackendListener has a new Server Hits metric.
- Summariser displays a more readable duration
- Now duration are display in the format hours:minutes:seconds
- Backend Listener allows you to define sampler list as a regular expression
Download the new JMeter Version 3.0 and explore the changes.
Note: JMeter 3.0 requires Java 7 or later to run.