Healthcare Experience is one of the hot topics within the healthcare industry. This blog is my reflection on how HX is geared to take the healthcare experience to the next level. HX is all about disruption in the existing healthcare experience. I refer to it as Healthcare Experience 3.0 (HX 3.0) that revolves around building an experience for patients using three fundamental pillars of healthcare - Technology, Providers and Processes.
The factors that continually impact the rise of HX 3.0 are:
- Continual demands for reducing errors in healthcare delivery
- Generating measurable meaningful outcomes by collecting and sharing data from various HIT sources
- Disrupting the existing patient engagement models towards continual patient engagement and towards informed decision making
- Paradigm shift towards Value Based Care
- Demand for reducing cost of care with a focused approach towards unnecessary expenditures, reduction in cost associated with the transition of care
- Tele Medicine model connecting urban cities and countryside
- Rise of machine learning powered by analytical data
- Adoption of wellness solutions towards preventive care
- Enhancing the safety practices within a healthcare organization to the next level
- Expanding the healthcare delivery through smart phones, tablets and wearables
While these factors will impact the existing HIT technologies, it will also provide opportunities for the existing and start up HIT vendors to innovate in this space.