VSTS is one of the many tools which are available in the market today. We all know that QTP and Selinum have covered at least 80% of the testing projects now days. In this tough and competitive world of testing VSTS, it is slowly and steadily finding its own place because of its unique advantages.
There are many advantages that can be taken in to consideration while choosing VSTS as a testing tool for any project.
However, the major advantage can be out lined in one single line, i.e. VSTS is a single solution that is of multiple purposes.
Following are the basic types of testing which can be carried out by this tool.
- Manual Testing. Using MTM. (MTM is the test manager interface of VSTS)
- Automation testing using VSTS coded UI
- Performance testing
- Load testing
This advantage of VSTS makes it unique among all the tools in the market.
Apart from the above advantages there are many other advantages available in VSTS such as the following,
1. MTM is a flawless and excellent tool for test management purpose
2. MTM provides many ways to establish a good QMS process for a testing project
3. VSTS coded UI automation tool is an easy, as well as compatible tool for many technologies. The image below shows a comparison between QTP, Selinum and Coded UI.
So the reasons above would be good enough for anyone to choose VSTS for testing purposes.